Home for the Winter Campaign to House 90 Adults:
- Volunteer as a hospitality greeter as a community meals program.
- Make bagged lunches for men at The Healing Place and drop them off on Friday for their walk to services on Saturday.
- Donate gift cards for restaurants or convenience stores for meals to Homeward. Homeward will disperse the cards to area agencies.
- Donate bus tickets to Homeward for individuals who lack access to transportation to employment, medical appointments, and other services. Homeward will disperse the cards to area agencies.
- Run a collection drive for basic kitchen and household items as well as cold weather clothing and shoes.
- Donate to provide flexible funding to pay for the costs that arise when moving to expedite the housing process.
- To connect with existing efforts to provide meals and services, call Tiffany Hall Terry, Director of Community Engagement at CARITAS or Hana Yun, Outreach Social Worker at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, at 804-372-5446.
- For additional volunteer opportunities: www.handsonrva.org.
- Pass out Street Sheets as a resource for individuals and families in crisis to obtain needed services.
- Coordinate a donation drive: We collect donated toiletries like bars of soap, shampoo, and toothpaste to create care packages.
- Point-In-Time Count: We need 60-70 volunteers in January and July to conducted surveys with sheltered and unsheltered men and women experiencing homelessness. We use the information to better understand people experiencing this crisis.
- Project Homeless Connect: We need at least 500 volunteers to partner with over 500 clients in a one-of-a-kind partnership to assist chronically homeless adults connect to as many on-site services as possible in one day.
- Volunteer in the office: Volunteers are needed on an ongoing or short-term basis to keep our work running smoothly. Assignments are flexible and based on volunteer’s interest and skills.
Thank you for considering support of Homeward’s work to prevent and end homelessness. Your support will enable Homeward to continue to use data to identify needs and trends, to educate the community, and to foster collaboration within the service provider network and make a real difference in decreasing homelessness in the Richmond area.
- Write a check to “Homeward”
- Pay online by credit card
- Contribute through the United Way Campaign
Raise Awareness – Talk with your friends, family, colleagues, or classmates.
Advocate – Raised your voice at the General Assembly.