HCIS Agency/User Documents
Policies and Procedures Manual provides the policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards that govern the HCIS, as well as roles and responsibilities for authorized representatives and Partner Agency staff.
Getting started with HCIS
- Implementation Timeline describes the process and approximate timelines involved with joining HCIS
- Agency Functions Description outlines the roles of key agencies and staff in HCIS
Foundational documents are signed as an initial step with each future Partner Agency, and establish common standards and procedures for operation of the system and protection of client data.
- Agency Participation Agreement (Virginia Balance of State, Richmond COC, other areas) serves as an "MOU" between Homeward and each Partner Agency. Partner Agencies use slightly different versions of this document depending on their funding streams and/or coordinating authority, but all versions contain the same standards and protections.
- Business Associates Agreement spells out protections for Personal Health Information (PHI) as defined in regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services ("HHS") in implementation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"). Some, but not all, HCIS Partner Agencies are "Covered Entities" under HIPAA. HCIS maintains voluntary compliance with HIPAA standards.
Implementation worksheets gather program information for Partner Agencies, and are used to set up new organizations in HCIS.
- Provider Information Worksheet gathers basic information including: contact information, hours of operation, etc. (Use a separate Provider Information Worksheet for each distinct program).
- AIRS Services Worksheet records services offered by your agency, and lists services commonly offered
- Referral Agencies Worksheet collects agencies you commonly work with so that referrals may be reported.
- Users and Access Levels Worksheet lists agency users and their roles in the system
- Privacy posting printable sign for intake locations.
- Privacy notice to explain use and protection of client information in HCIS. This printable document is available by request for any current or potential client or other interested party.
- User Policy and Code of Ethics [61 KB] describes ethical standards and responsibilities of agency staff entrusted with client data
- Incident Report Form [24 KB] should be used to report any known or suspected violation of policies and procedures and/or client confidentiality. Incident report forms should be submitted to an Agency Admnistrator or directly to Homeward. Each and every incident reported will be investigated by Homeward.
- Universal Profile Form [74 KB] can be used as a paper intake form where access to HCIS is impractical or not available. The Universal Profile form gathers HUD Minimum Data Elements, and can be expanded to include other elements required by your program.