HCIS Report Library
Homeward creates custom reports in response to requests from Partner Agencies, and maintains all reports in a "Report Library." Some reports are distributed to all Partner Agencies, others are sent by request. If you have questions about reports, wish to receive an existing report, or wish to place a request for a new report, please contact Tonya Harris.
Monthly for All programs
"Last month" reports are sent to partner agencies at the beginning of each month based on the previous month's activity.
- Program activity [71 KB] is a summary of entries, exits, services, needs, infractions, and license use during the month (see
the community summary [62 KB])
- Active Clients [77 KB] is a list of clients enrolled in the program, with a summary of entries and exits
- Data Coverage of Entries [94 KB] lists all clients entering the program during the month, and presents a checklist format of minimum data elements
- Data Coverage of Services [117 KB] lists all clients receiving services during the month, and presents a checklist format of minimum data elements (programs reporting both entries and services will receive the Data Coverage of Entries report)
See Summary of HMIS Data Standards for more information on HUD required data elements.
Available by request
Other custom reports have been designed to suit needs that vary by program or agency. Some focus on a particular program or funding source. Summary reports are used for community planning.
These reports are available by request:
- Clients Served by I&R programs [76 KB] counts instances of service and displays characterisictics of clients with recorded services
- Needs and Turnaways [79 KB] shows needs identified by status and outcome, and on those turned away from service
- SSG/ESG by Entry Exit [150 KB] pulls data for DHCD's quarterly SSG/ESG reports based on Entry/Exit data (quarterly)
- SSG/ESG by Services [79 KB] pulls data for DHCD's quarterly SSG/ESG reports based on shelter services given (quarterly)
The creation of new reports is guided by the Steering Committee, which advises Homeward on the content of existing reports and prioritizes the development of new reports.
Reports generally require time, effort, and planning to be reliable. If you need a custom report, don’t wait until the last minute. Let Homeward know as soon as possible: think about what you need, who requires it, and how it will be submitted. The general rule is: If it goes in, we can get it out. If it does not go in, we cannot get it out.
Many simple requests for data can be answered using the ReportWriter tool.