- Commonwealth Catholic Charities (CCC) Central Intake Services
- United Way of Greater Richmond and Petersburg (UWGRP) www.yourunitedway.org
- 211 Virginia www.211virginia.org
- NonProfit Learning Point is an excellent, affordable resource for nonprofit professionals to develop their skills. www.nonprofitlearningpoint.org
State and National Resources
- Virginia Coalition to End Homelessness(VCEH) www.vceh.org The Virginia Coalition to End Homelessness(VCEH) is a nonprofit membership advocacy organization that brings people together to advocate, educate and develop resources to eliminate homelessness and poverty in Virginia. Visit their site to follow the coalition's legislative agenda for the current year.
- Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA) www.vhda.org VHDA is the state’smortgage finance agency. Created in 1972 by the Virginia General Assembly, our mission is to help low- and moderate-income Virginians attain quality, affordable housing. VHDA is also the sponsor of Homeward's Solution Providers Training program - thematic training for new staff of the homeless services system and private or public community stakeholders.
- Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development(DHCD) www.dhcd.virginia.gov Dedicated to providing affordable housing opportunities throughout Virginia, DHCD's Housing Division achieves its mission through three operational units - housing finance, housing preservation, and shelter and supportive services.
- National Alliance to End Homelessness (NAEH) www.naeh.org The National Alliance to End Homelessness is a nonpartisan, mission-driven organization committed to preventing and ending homelessness in the United States. The Alliance’s Ten Year Plan identifies our nation's current challenges in addressing the problem and lays out practical steps that can be taken to change its present course and truly end homelessness.
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness(USICH) www.usich.gov The mission of the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness is to coordinate the federal response to homelessness and to create a national partnership at every level of government and every element of the private sector to reduce and end homelessness in the nation.
- National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) www.nlihc.org NLIHC is dedicated solely to ending America's affordable housing crisis. We believe that this is achievable, that the affordable housing crisis is a problem that Americans are capable of solving. While we are concerned about the housing circumstances of all low income people, we focus our advocacy on those with the most serious housing problems, the lowest income households.